As we all know that Oscar Awards is the highest award in the film industry. Basically, the Academy Awards is also known as Oscars. It is the set of 25 awards for artistic and technical merit in the film industry. The award is given annually by the Academy of Motion Picture Arts And Sciences. The nomination is done with the help of votes by Academy’s members. The award is given to recognize excellence in cinematic achievements.
The award includes a copy of a golden statuette. First Oscar was broadcast on radio in 1930 and televised for the first time in 1953. Academy award is presented every year in the month of February.
We know you all are curious to know about the Oscar 2019 nominees, host, etc. So, let us take a close look at Oscar 2019 for that read this article thoroughly till the end.
Oscar 2019 Date:
Every year Academy awards ceremony takes place in the month of February. Following the same trend, this year motion pictures will present the ceremony in the same month. The 91st Oscar award ceremony is expected to telecast on 24th of February 2019 on Sunday.
Oscar 2019 Nominations:
Take a look at the predicted nomination for the awards:
Best Picture Prediction:
According to rumors, these are the movies that are in a race for best picture nominations.
- The Favourite
- First Man
- The Front Runner
- A Star Is Born
Oscar 2109 Best Director Nomination:
- Damien Chazelle (“First Man”)
- Ryan Coogler (“Black Panther”)
- Alfonso Cuaron (“Roma”)
- Yorgos Lanthimos (“The Favourite”)
- Spike Lee (“BlacKkKlansman”)
Oscar 2019 Best Actress Nominations:
The best actress in the line for the award is:
- Yalitza Aparicio (“Roma”)
- Glenn Close (“The Wife”)
- Olivia Colman (“The Favourite”)
- Toni Collette – (“Hereditary”)
- Lady Gaga –( “A Star is Born”)
- Melissa McCarthy (“Can You Ever Forgive Me?”)
Oscar 2019 Best Actor Nominations:
As Academy awards are the highest in the film industry so its nomination process is also tough to predict the best characters among the better. The best actor in the line for Oscar 2019 is:
- Ryan Gosling (“First Man”)
- Ethan Hawke (“First Reformed”)
- Hugh Jackman (“The Front Runner”)
- Matthew McConaughey (“White Boy Rick”)
- John David Washington (“The BlacKkKlansman”)
Oscar 2019 Host:
Along with the actor and actress, the competition for the host of the Academy award is also tough. The award is expected to be host by Jimmy Kimmel she hosted the Oscar 2018 award show. The other predictions for the host are as follows:
- John Mulaney and Nick Kroll
- Kristen Bell
- Andy Samberg
- Channing Tatum
- Kevin Hart
- Jennifer Lawrence
- Melissa McCarthy
- Lin-Manuel Miranda
- Emma Stone and any of the night show anchor.
Oscar 2019 Best Supporting Actor:
The expected nominations for the supporting actors are as follows:
- Timothee Chalamet (“Beautiful Boy”)
- Sam Elliott (“A Star is Born”)
- Ben Foster (“Leave No Trace”)
- Richard E. Grant (“Can You Ever Forgive Me?”)
- John C. Reilly (“Stan & Ollie”)
Oscar 2019 Best Supporting Actress:
The competition for the best supporting actress is also tough. Here, are the nominees.
- Claire Foy (“First Man”)
- Nicole Kidman (“Boy Erased”)
- Sissy Spacek (“The Old Man & the Gun”)
- Maura Tierney (“Beautiful Boy”)
- Michelle Yeoh (“Crazy Rich Asians”)
Oscar 2019 Bottom Line:
Academy awards are the highest award in the film industry because of that everyone is curious to know about the nominations and predictions for the year 2019. It is all about predictions but to know who is a winner you have to wait for the February. For more update stay connected.