Nowadays, a lot of social media option available such as Facebook, Instagram, WhatsApp and Twitter where we share our personal photos, videos and information. Most of the people are crazy for social media and share a lot of personal information on it but it may create some problem for them as we know that ‘Excess of everything is Dangerous’.
With time, these sites become boring and you need a break from them because you realise that it is totally waste of time. You can delete your social media account temporarily as well as permanently as per your wish. The process for deleting your Instagram account is quite easy but you have to follow the right procedure.
Here, in this article, we discuss a few steps to delete your Instagram account easily for good. So, have a close look at them.
Instagram is the world’s third-largest photo-sharing social network owned by Facebook. It was created by “Kevin Systrom” and “Mike Krieger”. Initially, it was launched in October 2010 only on IOS platform. Its Android version released later in April 2012.
In this social network, users can share snaps with their follower’s and see all the updates of people you follow. With the help of Instagram, you have the chance to know more about the life of your favourite celebrity when you follow them.
Follow these steps to delete Instagram account permanently:-
When you delete your Instagram account permanently then all your photos, profile, videos, likes, comments and any followers will also delete permanently. You can save a permanent record of your personal data on your email.
- Step 1:- You can’t delete your account from the Instagram app, so you have to log in to instagarm.com from a web browser on your Smartphone. Tap the profile icon in the lower right corner.
- Step 2: Then, click on the three vertical lines in the top right corner. After that, tap “settings” at the bottom. You can also do it through ‘Help Center’ by tapping on ‘managing your account’.
- Step 3: From setting menu, select “Privacy and Security” then find the “Download Data” option.
- Step 4: Then, enter your registered email address and tap “Request Download”.
After completing these steps, Instagram will email a complete file of your profile directly in your email that you provided within 48 hours. Your all data is protected and you can view it again when required.
After that, follow the below steps to delete your Instagram account: –
- Step 1:- On your mobile, open ‘Delete Your Account” page.
- Step 2:- Select the reason due to which you delete your account from the drop-down menu and this is a mandatory step.
- Step 3:- Then, in the blank re-enter your account password.
- Step 4:- At last, click on the ‘Permanently delete my account’ and your account is deleted permanently.
After permanent delete, you can’t create another Instagram account with that username. Deleted accounts can’t reactivate by Instagram.
“Android Users” does not have a setting to delete an account permanently. But, they can do it with the help of a web browser such as Firefox and Chrome on an Android device. The further procedure is the same which we discussed earlier.
How to Delete Your Instagram Account Permanently from PC:
The deleting procedure is somewhat similar as we delete the account on mobile. Follow these steps:
- Open Internet Browser
- Go to https://help.instagram.com
- Tap on ‘Managing your account’ option available on the left side.
- Choose ‘Delete Your Account’ in the drop-down menu
- Choose the reason for deletion from the list
- Re-enter your Instagram password
- Then, click on the ‘Permanently delete my account’ option
- Tap on ok and now your account is gone.
If you want to reactivate your account later on, then you have to temporarily disable an Instagram account. By choosing “Temporarily disable my account’ you can deactivate your Instagram account for some time being.
Excessive use of social media sites will interrupt your personal life. So, if you are deleting your account for your loved ones’ then it’s a good idea. But, if you want to leave Instagram for some time being then ‘deactivating Instagram account’ is a better option.
Hope this article, will make your task a bit easier and you can deactivate Insta account easily by following the above steps. What more you need from our side? Tell us in the comment section below and stay tuned ReviewTechAuto.
This post was last modified on December 17, 2019 11:22 pm