There are occasions after we give our smartphone to our buddies or household and there are some things similar to pictures, movies and different information on our telephone we wish to preserve out of their sight. As Android working system is predicated on Linux, it has some options borrowed instantly from the ‘mothership’ similar to the flexibility to create hidden folders in order that sure information and folders can solely be accessed utilizing the file supervisor app. Having mentioned that, customers not must obtain any random third get together app from Google Play Store. In case you’re looking ahead to this, this is our ready-to-use-guide for you.
Method 1: Create a devoted hidden folder
The first methodology is to create a brand new folder that’s mechanically hidden in order that apps like Gallery, WhatsApp, media gamers, electronic mail shoppers, workplace editors, and many others.
To create a hidden folder, observe the steps:
- Open File Manager app in your smartphone
- Look for the choice to create a brand new folder
- Type desired title for the folder
- Add a dot (.) earlier than the folder title to make it a hidden folder.
- Now, switch all the information to this folder you wish to disguise
Method 2: Hide an current folder
The second methodology permits customers to cover an already current folder similar to you wish to disguise your WhatsApp media folder from exhibiting within the gallery or some other folder that you just wish to shield from different apps and companies.
Also, to do that, you would possibly want a file supervisor app that means that you can create a brand new file with none extension similar to ES file explorer, and many others.
To disguise an current folder, observe the steps
- Open the file supervisor app in your smartphone
- Navigate to the folder you wish to disguise
- Open the folder and tab on ‘Create new file’ choice
- Now, sort ‘.nomedia’ as file title
- Once achieved, exit the file supervisor and restart your telephone
- Your folder can be hidden now
Another important a part of this walkaround is find out how to entry the hidden file or folder.
- Go to the file supervisor app and activate ‘Show hidden information’ choice from the ‘Settings’
- Navigate to the folder location to view them
- For methodology 2, you’ll have to delete the ‘.nomedia’ file from the folder.