WhatsApp has a tonne of excellent options however one factor that is nonetheless lacking is the flexibility to schedule WhatsApp messages. If you wish to keep in mind to want somebody on their birthday or simply wish to ship a message throughout working hours as an alternative of pinging somebody in the course of the night time, scheduling messages helps loads. There are methods to schedule messages on WhatsApp on each Android and iPhone, however each are workarounds since this function will not be formally supported on WhatsApp.
Since the strategies we’re suggesting are workarounds, there are some limitations, which we’ll clarify in a bit. Here’s tips on how to schedule messages on WhatsApp on Android and iPhone.
How to schedule WhatsApp message on Android
As we now have talked about above, WhatsApp would not have an official function to schedule messages. However, if you’re utilizing an Android smartphone, you may schedule messages on WhatsApp with the assistance of a number of third-party apps. Yes, there are a number of third-party apps on the market that promise to do the job, however there’s just one — SKEDit — that does it completely. Follow these steps to know tips on how to schedule WhatsApp message on Android:
Upon first launch, you will should join.
Once you have signed in, you have to faucet WhatsApp on the primary menu.
On the subsequent display, it’s a must to grant permissions. Tap Enable Accessibility > SKEDit > toggle on Use service > Allow. Now, return to the app.
You’ll now should fill within the particulars. Add the recipient, enter your message, set the schedule date and time and choose should you want to want to repeat the scheduled message or not.
Below, you will see one ultimate toggle — Ask me earlier than sending. Toggle it on > faucet the tick icon > your message will now be scheduled. Whenever the day and time of your scheduled message arrives, you will obtain a notification in your cellphone asking you to finish the motion. Tap Send and you may see your scheduled message being despatched in real-time.
However, should you hold the Ask me earlier than sending toggled off, in that case whenever you faucet the tick icon, you will be requested to disable your cellphone’s display lock. You’ll be even be requested to disable your cellphone’s battery optimisation as nicely. Doing this, your scheduled message shall be despatched routinely, which suggests you will not be requested to present any enter on the cellphone, making the method instantaneous. But then once more, not having a display lock impacts your cellphone’s privateness, which is a large disadvantage. This is why we can’t advocate scheduling WhatsApp messages this fashion.
How to schedule WhatsApp message in iPhone
Unlike Android, there is no third-party app accessible on iOS by which you’ll be able to schedule WhatsApp messages. However, there’s one other method to do that course of on iPhone by Siri Shortcuts, an Apple app that can depend on automation to ship your WhatsApp message at a scheduled time. Here’s what you want to do to schedule WhatsApp messages on iPhone.
- Go to the App Store and obtain the Shortcuts app in your iPhone and open it.
- Select the Automation tab on the backside.
- Tap the + icon within the top-right nook and faucet Create Personal Automation.
- On the subsequent display, faucet Time of Day to schedule when to run your automation. In this case, choose the dates and occasions whenever you wish to schedule WhatsApp messages. Once that’s carried out, faucet Next.
- Tap Add Action after which within the search bar kind Text and from the checklist of actions that seem, choose Text.
- After that, enter your message within the textual content discipline. This message is no matter you wish to schedule, resembling, ‘Happy birthday.’
- After you are carried out getting into your message, faucet the + icon under the textual content discipline and within the search bar search for WhatsApp.
- From the checklist of actions that seem, choose Send Message through WhatsApp. Choose the recipient and hit Next. Finally, on the subsequent display, faucet Done.
- Now on the scheduled time, you will get a notification from the Shortcuts app. Tap the notification and it’ll open WhatsApp together with your message pasted within the textual content discipline. All it’s a must to do is hit Send.
One thing more to notice is which you could solely schedule WhatsApp messages for as much as every week, which is type of a bummer however not less than now you recognize to not less than tips on how to schedule a message for as much as every week.
If that is too quick a restrict for you, you may at all times strive this one. This is likely one of the most advanced Siri Shortcuts we have ever come throughout but it surely does schedule WhatsApp messages for any date and time should you configure it correctly. It labored nicely on considered one of our iPhones however stored crashing on the opposite, so your mileage might fluctuate with this one. However, we had been in a position to schedule a message utilizing each strategies so you may select the one you want.
For extra tutorials, go to our tips on how to part.
Is Mi 10 an costly OnePlus eight or a finances finances S20 Ultra? We mentioned this on Orbital, our weekly expertise podcast, which you’ll be able to subscribe to through Apple Podcasts or RSS, download the episode, or simply hit the play button under.