The novel coronavirus or COVID-19, which originated in China, has unfold to over 60 international locations, together with the US, Italy and Iran. Airlines have been suspending flights or modifying companies in response to the coronavirus outbreak. Below are particulars of the airways who’ve suspended their flights to include the outbreak and
have cancelled all flights to Mainland China:
– American Airlines has prolonged the suspension of China and Hong Kong flights by April 24
– Air France stated on Feb. 6 it could droop flights to and from mainland China for a lot of March
– Air India has suspended flights to Shanghai, Hong Kong till June 30
– Air Seoul has suspended China flights from Jan. 28 till additional discover.
– Air Tanzania, which had deliberate to start a constitution service to China in February, postponed its maiden flights.
– Air Mauritius has suspended all flights to China and Hong Kong
– Austrian Airlines has suspended its service till end-February.
– British Airways has suspended prolonged its flight suspension till April 17.
– Delta Airlines flights have been suspended from Feb. 2-April 30
– Egyptair suspended flights on Feb. 1, however on Feb. 20 stated it could resume some flights to and from China beginning subsequent week.
– El Al Israel Airlines has prolonged its suspension of flights to Hong Kong and Beijing till May 2.
– Iberia Airlines has prolonged its suspension of flights from Madrid to Shanghai, its solely route, from Feb. 29 till the top of April.
– JejuAir Co Ltd is to droop all China routes beginning March 1.
– Kenya Airways has suspended flights from Jan. 31 till additional discover.
– KLM stated on March. 2 it could prolong its ban on flights to Chengdu, Hangzhou and Xiamen in China to at the very least May three due to the coronavirus outbreak. It expects to renew flights to Beijing and Shanghai on March 29.
– Lion Air has suspended flights for all of February.
– LOT has prolonged flight suspensions till March 28.
– Lufthansa has prolonged China flight cancellations till April 24.
– Oman Air suspended flights on Feb. 2 till additional discover.
– Qatar Airways has suspended companies from Feb. 1 till additional discover.
– Rwandair has suspended flights from Jan. 31 till additional discover.
– Saudia, Saudi Arabia’s state airline, suspended flights on Feb. 2.
– Scoot, Singapore Airlines’ low-cost service, suspended companies from Feb. Eight till additional discover.
– United Airlines suspended its service to Hong Kong from Feb. 8-April 23.
– Vietjet and Vietnam Airlines
Airlines which have cancelled some China flights/routes or modified service
– Air Canada has prolonged the suspension of its flights to Beijing and Shanghai till March 27. It additionally suspended its Toronto to Hong Kong flights from March 1 to March 27, however its Vancouver to Hong Kong route stays lively. [https://bit.ly/39zgmI0]
– Air China stated it could cancel flights to Athens, Greece, from Feb. 17 to March 18 and “adjust” flights between China and the United States. On Feb. 28 it resumed flying to Frankfurt from Chengdu following a 21-day suspension, state-run Xinhua information company stated.
– Air New Zealand has suspended its Auckland-Shanghai service Feb. 9-March 29. Reduced capability on Shanghai route all through April and Hong Kong route all through April and May.
– ANA Holdings has suspended routes together with Shanghai and Hong Kong from Feb. 10 till additional discover.
– Brussels Airlines, a Lufthansa subsidiary, stated on Feb. 28 it could reduce flights to northern Italy by 30% from March 2 to 14.
– Cathay Pacific Airways plans to chop a 3rd of its capability over the following two months, together with 90% of flights to mainland China. It has inspired its 27,000 workers to take three weeks of unpaid go away in a bid to protect money.
– China Southern Airlines recommenced flights on Feb. 25 to Nairobi from Guangzhou.
– Abu Dhabi’s Etihad Airways has suspended flights to Hong Kong till March 28, the airline stated on Feb. 26, citing a drop in demand.
– The UAE suspended all flights to mainland China, besides Beijing, on Feb. 5.
– Finnair cancelled all flights to mainland China and decreased the variety of flights to Hong Kong till March 28.
– Hainan Airlines suspended flights between Budapest, Hungary, and Chongqing Feb. 7-March 27.
– Kenya’s High Court ordered flights from China to be briefly suspended following a petition.
– Korean Air Lines Co , the nationwide flag service, suspended eight routes to China and lowered companies on 9 Chinese routes between Feb. 7 and Feb. 22.
– Philippine Airlines reduce the variety of flights between Manila and China by over half.
– Qantas Airways suspended direct flights to China from Feb. 1. The Australian nationwide service halted flights from Sydney to Beijing and Sydney to Shanghai between Feb. 9-March 29.
– Royal Air Maroc suspended direct flights to China Jan. 31-Feb. 29. On Jan. 16 it had launched a direct air route with three flights weekly between its Casablanca hub and Beijing.
– All Russian airways, apart from nationwide airline Aeroflot, stopped flying to China from Jan. 31. Small airline Ikar will even proceed flights between Moscow and China.
– All planes arriving from China shall be despatched to a separate terminal within the Moscow Sheremetyevo airport. Aeroflot lowered the frequency of flights to Beijing, Shanghai and Guangzhou till Feb. 29.
– Nordic airline SAS has prolonged its suspension of flights to Shanghai and Beijing till March 29, added on March three it could reduce flights to Hong Kong from March 5
– Singapore Airlines has suspended or reduce capability on flights to Beijing, Shanghai, Guangzhou, Shenzhen, Chengdu, Xiamen and Chongqing, a few of that are flown by regional arm SilkAir.
– Virgin Atlantic has prolonged its suspension of day by day operations to Shanghai till March 28.
– Virgin Australia stated it’ll withdraw from the Sydney-Hong Kong route from March 2 as a result of it was “no longer a viable commercial route” as a result of rising issues over the virus and civil unrest in Hong Kong.
– Vistara Airlines briefly lowered flights to and from Bangkok and Singapore.
Airlines which have modified service on different routes
– Asiana Airlines has determined to halt all flights to Daegu till March 9, whereas Korean Air Lines will even droop flights till March 28.
– American Airlines Group Inc stated Tuesday it’ll briefly droop all remaining flights to South Korea by April 24 within the wake of the coronavirus outbreak.
– Air Canada will enable travellers to rebook flights to components of Italy at no cost.
– United Airlines provides South Korea to journey waiver record however just isn’t cancelling flights.
– Bahrain’s civil aviation authority suspends all its flights from Dubai and Sharjah airports for 48 hours.
– British Airways on Monday stated it was cancelling some flights from London to the United States to match lowered demand for flying.
– British Airways additionally stated it could cancel some flights to and from Italy, Singapore and South Korea.
– Czech Republic stated on March 2 it could cease flights to South Korea and cities in northern Italy for at the very least two weeks
– easyJet stated on Feb. 28 it could cancel flights, notably out and in of Italy, and reduce prices throughout its enterprise.
– El Al Israel Airlines stated it could droop flights to Italy, together with Milan and Rome from Feb. 28 to March 14, and to Bangkok from March 2-27. It will even delay launching a brand new path to Tokyo from March till April 4.
– Japan Airlines, ANA Holdings to cancel some Japan home flights between March 6 and 12
– Kazakhstan plans to droop flights to Iran from March 1 and scale back the variety of South Korea flights
– Kuwait’s civil aviation authority halts all its flights to and from South Korea, Thailand, and Italy. Kuwait had earlier suspended all its flights to and from Iraq.
– Latam Airlines Group SA is cancelling its direct flight between Sao Paulo and Milan from March 2 till April 16
– Lebanon halted flights for non-residents from international locations together with China, Iran, Italy and South Korea, the transport ministry stated on Feb. 28. The ban excludes Lebanese residents and international residents of the nation.
– Lufthansa is to chop variety of short- and medium-haul flights in response to the accelerated unfold of the coronavirus, including it’ll droop flights to Tehran till April 30
– Mongolia’s National Emergency Commission stated on Feb. 24 it had halted all flights from South Korea and would block entry by its borders till March 2. Mongolia had beforehand suspended all entries from China.
– Oman’s civil aviation authority has halted all flights between the sultanate and Iran, it stated on Feb. 24.
– Royal Jordanian Airlines has suspended flights between Amman and Rome till additional discover ranging from Feb. 26.
– Russian low-cost service Pobeda, a subsidiary of the nation’s largest airline Aeroflot
– Russia’s Ministry of Transport stated on Feb. 27 it could droop some flights to and from Iran, besides these operated by its nationwide service Aeroflot
– Ryanair will reduce capability out and in of Italy, its largest market, by 25% for 3 weeks as a result of a major drop off in bookings since a coronavirus outbreak, Europe’s greatest low-cost airline stated on Monday.
– Swedish-Danish airline SAS on Tuesday cancelled its flights to northern Italy and withdrew monetary steerage for its present monetary 12 months after the unfold of the coronavirus hit demand.
– SAS stated it could reduce its short-haul capability over March and April.
– Sweden suspended IranAir from flying to and from Sweden on March 2.
– Tajikistan has suspended all flights to and from Iran till the virus state of affairs there stabilises, the Civil Aviation Agency stated on Feb. 24.
– Tunisia could droop some flights to Italy.
– Turkish Airlines prolonged a cancellation of flights to Iranian cities, apart from flights to Tehran, till March 10.
– Turkish industrial flights between Turkey and Iran are suspended till additional discover. “The Iranian carriers will fly empty to Turkey and be permitted to carry passengers destined for Iran. Turkish passengers will not be transported on these flights,” Turkey’s Civil Aviation Authority introduced on its Twitter account.
– United Airlines sharply reduce flights to Japan and South Korea as travellers have slashed ticket purchases for these locations.
– Vietjet Air will droop flights to locations in South Korea from Saturday, March 7
– Vietnam Airlines suspended flights to South Korea from March 5.
– Vietnam’s Bamboo Airways suspends flights between Da Nang and Nha Trang to Seoul’s Incheon International Airport, beginning Feb. 26
– Wizz Air stated it could lower the frequency of its Romania, Poland, Italy and Israel routes, slicing two-thirds of all flights on affected routes over three weeks between March 11 and April 2, and added it might additional scale back capability by round 10% in its subsequent quarter.