After procuring superior assault helicopters Apache AH-64 and transport helicopters Chinook, each of that are manufactured by Boeing, India is about to get the MH-60R Seahawk helicopters manufactured by Lockheed Martin’s Sikorsky. While the Apache and Chinook have been inducted within the Indian Air Force, the MH-60R Seahawk helicopters might be inducted within the Indian Navy. The $2.6 billion deal for navy helicopters will modernize the Indian Navy will add the a lot wanted anti-submarine firepower.
Here’s all you might want to know in regards to the Sikorsky MH-60R Seahawk helicopters:
1. The MH-60R Seahawk helicopters are made by Sikorsky, a Lockheed Martin firm. The similar Sikorsky is thought for manufacturing enterprise and company choppers, one in all which crashed not too long ago killing NBA big Kobe Bryant.
2. The MH-60 is famously known as as Romeo and is called a helicopter that may hunt submarines deep contained in the ocean.
3. The Romeo is loaded with anti-surface, anti-submarine missiles and torpedoes to trace and hunt enemy boats and submarines. It will get Hellfire missiles, and MK 54 torpedoes.
4. Romeo Seahawk helicopters additionally will get superior protection programs like sensors, search and rescue missions capabilities.
5. The Romeo is loaded with Sonobuoy launcher and a Raytheon superior airborne low-frequency (ALFS) dipping sonar to detect submarines at any depth.
6. The MH-60 Romeo has a most velocity of 267 kmph with a variety of 834 km. It can climb at a price of 8.38m/s and has a most take-off weight of 10,659 kg.
7. The multi-role helicopters is predicted to be deployed on warships to hunt submarine menace by China and Pakistan within the Indian Ocean Region.
8. The Sikorsky MH-60 helicopters will substitute ageing British Sea King helicopters.